1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with my mouse

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by andreypa, Jun 18, 2007.

1. andreypa

andreypa Member

Hello guys!

I have been experiencing some problems with my mouse, which happend recently (until than it was working just fine)

What it does , whenever I click IE icon , it opens two IE windows in browser and whenever I just click on folder to select it (I press only once, but it enters inside the folder everytime) or I want to move file to a foler (it would open a file everytime) Very often I try to minimize something to a tray this window would be back at the desktop still.

I have checked FOLDER OPTIONS and it had DOUBLE CLICK to open an item (single click to select) so everything is correct. Mouse settings are ok..never changed anything since it was working fine.

Is there something wrong with the mouse itself? clicking mechanism?

Could someone point in the right direction to resolve the problem?

Thanks a lot!

2. ireland

ireland Active member

did ye try another mouse?

3. andreypa

andreypa Member

ireland: I'm sure it will work fine with another mouse.

It's just that I really like and always liked this little optical mouse, well until it started doing those tricks.

EDIT: I cleaned it a little bit. Seems to be better, don't know though for how long.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

if ye live in the statesm walmart has a good hp-optical mouse for around 10 bucks that i bought one each for all my computers.

all i can say there good dam mouse's..and need only a little cheese to work...as the mouse does use windows drivers...

5. andreypa

andreypa Member

Thank you so much for your answer!
    I will consider buying one.