1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PROBLEM WITH MY PANASONIC VIERA!!

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by t1kk, Aug 8, 2009.

1. t1kk

t1kk Member

hi guys,

i was playing a spot of gow2 yesterday on my 42" panasonic viera (i believe its an '07 model), and quiet suddenly my whole set up (xbox, virgin box, router etc etc) all just switched off. i realised the electrics have been tripped so i went to the electric box in the wall and reactivated it all.

now everything switched back on (router, virgin box etc etc) EXCEPT for the panny plasma, so i switched the plasma off from the mains and plugged into another socket... still no luck. i then proceeded to change the fuse:

1st try.... panny came on for a milli second and went off again (basically the fuse blew again)

2nd try.... i tried another 5amp fuse and the exact same thing happened again, the light on the plasma comes on for a milli second and then switches off again.

please someone tell me that this is not a major issue!

it cannot be the fuse can it? the plasma just takes a normal kettle lead, and there all 5amp, so technically i shouldnt be putting in a more powerful fuse right?

all help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

2. david66

david66 Regular member

your tv is in need of service by a pro are you using a surge protecter? if not get one this sound like a surge blew the fuse and blew your tv

3. t1kk

t1kk Member

i just picked up a surge protector extension plug... i am getting it checked out by some pros like you said. but the question is, can it be repaired? i mean if the plasma has blown... that doesnt sound too good!

4. david66

david66 Regular member

it is most likly that the problem with your tv is in the tvs power supply it can be repaired

5. pannyplas

pannyplas Member

hi t1kk.
    i have the panny 37 plasma & on 31 dec i experinced exactly the same problem as you.haven't taken it to be looked at yet so was wondering how you got on.