1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with nero 6

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by beanbag31, Oct 23, 2004.

1. beanbag31

beanbag31 Member

Everytime i try to burn a dvd on the fly it always does a simulation first no matter how many times i've burnt at that speed before. why does this simulation keep happening as it's only supposed to do it the first time. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

This is an Authoring Question?

Uncheck the simulation box. It's on the Burn tab.

3. beanbag31

beanbag31 Member

I have already tried that, but it still keeps simulating first no matter what i try.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

By "burning on the fly" I assume you are copying from one DVD directly to another without putting anything on your hard drive. I never do this but it would not surprise me if Nero needs to do a simulation to get the transfer rates correct. Each time you do a copy like this Nero would have to check because the transfer rate would be different for each individual DVD being copied.

This is just a theory and I could be wrong. You could always try to get in touch with Craig Campbell at Nero Tech Support.

If you would like, post a Nero Log and we can take a look at it. Sometimes that will provide a clue. I'm not convinced though that this is a problem with the software. Maybe it is supposed to do this.

5. beanbag31

beanbag31 Member

thanks for your reply, your probably right, sounds like the cause is from the variation in speed from the source drive rather then the destination drive. It's not a major problem, just defeats the purpose of doing a 'on the fly' dvd burn i think.

thanks anyway.