1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Nero - Burn error right before completion

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by aronnyc, Mar 25, 2007.

1. aronnyc

aronnyc Member

That's what the Toshiba person suggested, setting it back to factory specs. It seems such a pain, but I might do it. Although, oddly enough, it seems to be burning the TDK disks without problem.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@aronnyc
    You could do it by yourself - kinda tedious and you need to backup anything you want to keep cause a reformat will 'wipe' the drive and you do a reinstall of the os. So you'll need the original XP disc that came with the pc.
    I can try and look for a guide on the net if you like.

If it's burning TDK's right now then keep going with them. The TDK's you're using are made by CMC so they may end up giving you problems too.

@FCA1975
    Yep still around :)
    Every pc is different - meaning different drivers/ programs etc. So what may work for one may not work for another.
    Have you tried another burning program to rule out Nero?

3. aronnyc

aronnyc Member

Latest update:

I restored my laptop to factory conditions, reinstalled Nero, and tried to burn on my Sony DVDs...AND IT WORKED! Thank you all soooo much for helping out. I'll burn more to make sure it wasn't a fluke but regardless, I still appreciate your help.

If I'm not back for a week, you can assume my problem has been fixed for now.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome aronnyc
    Hopefully that reformat was all she needed :)
    Should have fixed the other problems too.

Happy Burning!