1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Nero Software

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cgm707, May 23, 2003.

1. cgm707

cgm707 Member

My Nero software was working fine on my old computer. I reinstalled it on a new computer. I am trying to burn a CD. Everytime I try to burn it, I keep getting asked where I want to save the image to. I dont want to save an image, I just want to burn a CD. If I hit cancel, it aborts the process. Please help.

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

At the top of the main Nero window there is a tab that says RECORDER select this and make sure your cdwriter is selected, if it is not highlight it and hit OK.
    If your cd writer is not shown or u cannot select it it may be that the version of nero is an oem version that only supports one type of recorder, when u transfered it the recorder in your new computer wont be recognised unless it is exactly the same make and model.

3. cgm707

cgm707 Member

my cd recorder doesn't show up...but i did pay for this Nero software....so i guess i am just out of luck?

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Well maybe, but you could try downloading the latest version of nero and use it as an upgrade, maybe yours is an older version that doesnt support your particular writer a list of supported recorders for the latest version can be found here http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorder.html

5. cgm707

cgm707 Member

I really appreciate the replies, thanks...but....I followed the link to this page....http://www.nero.com/en/content2/recorderS.html#SONY.....do I have to take my computer apart to figure out which version/model # it is? I am not even sure if it is a Sony...

6. cgm707

cgm707 Member

I did find that I have a Sony CRX-175a1 24x. But what do I do with that info? My software isn't giving me the option to change the name of the recorder.

7. wizzo333

wizzo333 Member

If your new computer has Xp there's a good chance that you don't have an ASPI layer installed. Go to
    adaptec.com and under downloads/SCSI drivers find
    aspi drivers for your system. It's a very small
    download and I'll bet it does the trick.

8. cgm707

cgm707 Member

Again, thanks for the help. I went to that page but have no idea what to click on. I also tried installing Easy CD Creator, thinking that would surely work. I don't even see an option for choosing a CD recorder! I just get the message that there are no CD recorders available or that mine is unplugged (it isn't).

9. wizzo333

wizzo333 Member

Here's a link to download aspi drivers from this site. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/aspi.cfm
    An aspi layer is a little bit of programing that the computer must have to communicate with the CD burner. For some reason it was left out of Windows XP. If you can't get it from this link just do a search for Winaspi.

10. wizzo333

wizzo333 Member

Me again. I just checked out the aspi installer that I posted a link to and it looks kind of complcated to do it that way. Sorry. Here's an easier way. Get this file ftp://ftp.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll
    After you download it just put it in your nero directory. Usually it's C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero. Hope that does it.

11. cgm707

cgm707 Member

But the new computer I am using (Compaq) did have a working copy of Nero on it...NOw Nero doesn't recognize the CD burner.

And I have Easy CD creator, and I don't even seen an option to choose a CD burner......oy vey.

12. wizzo333

wizzo333 Member

13. cgm707

cgm707 Member

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I had uninstalled Nero when it didnt work and have to reinstall itnow, so I dont know if that file link you gave me will work...

But yet, my CD player does show up under My Computer.

14. cgm707

cgm707 Member

OK, I reinstalled Nero, and that file is there.

15. usmcja

usmcja Guest

do u absolutely need aspi drivers installed if u are burning dvds. i have win xp

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use neros info tool it will show you the aspi layer! nero uses its own or XP you can choose either!

Thanks