1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with new version of Imgburn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sassy123, Feb 20, 2007.

1. sassy123

sassy123 Guest

I just upgraded to the new ImgBurn. Now I am unable to select a file for source. It just won't pick up the folder on my hard drive. I checked the forums on the ImgBurn site, but no luck. How can I re-download the version I downloaded in December of 06? Alkohol suggested ImgBurn to me back then, in a different thread, and it had worked perfectly. Just yesterday I was forced to do a system recovery on my computer, and when I went to ImgBurn, I downloaded the new version. I wish I had'nt. Any idea why I can't choose a source file?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Are you wanting to convert a Video_TS to an ISO for burning or do you want to burn an ISO you already have? The interface may be your problem and not a software malfunction. It threw me when I first looked at the new version.

3. sassy123

sassy123 Guest

I'm not sure what you're asking me but I have a movie backed-up on my computer. I wanted to burn it onto a dvd using Imgburn. I went to the folder I have it stored in but can't figure out how to get Imgburn to see it and list it as the source file. In the older version all I had to do was highlight the movie folder and it selected it as the source. I can't get this new version to see it. Is there something new in the way you choose the source?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think so. What I'm asking is what format is your files to be burned in. Do you have an ISO image file, or do you have a Video_TS folder. For a Video_TS, your path would look something like this, depending on your file names. The end of the path would read Video_TS. D:\RIPPED MOVIES\JET_LI_FEARLESS\VIDEO_TS (This contains IFO, BUP, and VOB files.)

An ISO is a set of image files found in a single folder with the movie name usually.

For the ISO you choose Write under Mode and under File select Browse for File.

For a set of Video_TS files they have to be turned into an ISO, or built. Under Mode you would select Build. When the window opens note the icons to the right of the Source window.

[​IMG]

5. sassy123

sassy123 Guest

I use DVDFabDecrypter first and it puts two folders inside one it calls
    . One is called Video_TS and the other is Audio TS. Before with the older version, I would select the Full Disc folder and it would take over from there. Now when I select the full disc folder and click OK nothing happens. Nothing shows up on ImgBurn in the source area.

6. burfie

burfie Member

Just set ImgBurn to *build* mode, from the mode menu up top.
    Then drag the VIDEO_TS folder, into ImgBurn *source* field... and click the Calculator icon on the right.
    Then, all you have to do is go to the Label tab, and label it.
    And click the Write icon.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

sassy123
    As burfie was so kind to repeat, you need to use Build under Mode for these files. It would have been easier had you used DVDFab Decrypter to rip to an ISO (Image) file. That eliminates the need to use Build for the Video_TS files in ImgBurn.

I gave you the instructions and supplied a screen capture showing the icon to click on so you can browse to and open the Video_TS folder. Take another look at the screen capture in my previous post.

If learning the new version is going to be difficult, maybe you will want to continue your search for the previous version. I don't think it's a problem with the ImgBurn software, just some different interface options.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You have to have the Source located before you can use it. You can't drag it if it isn't in the Build window. That's the problem here, not being able to import the files to work with.

9. sassy123

sassy123 Guest

Thank You both very much!!! I've got it working perfectly. Again, Thank you very much.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Glad to see you get it going.

11. Altus580

Altus580 Guest

so just to ask while this topic is up in the air, i can rip an iso w/ DVDFabDecrypter in ISO format, so if i did that would that eliminate my need for DVDShrink??

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Only if the files fit the target media. DVD Shrink is predominantly a transcoding software. BTW, what difference does the rip format make?