1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with olevia 32 inch tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dreamer2, May 4, 2007.

1. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i just bought olevia tv and its working good with my dish network but whenever i connect it to cox cable using component there is a buzz sound that comes from the tv.and u even cant listen. same thing happens when i connect any dvd player is there any setting to fix that. i will be very thankful

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Since you just bought it and it doesn't work properly with any DVD player or the cox box I would return it for a new one. At least they can check it out at the store if you got it locally-not online. Did you try a different set of cables with the DVD players?

3. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

ya i tried 2 different set of cables with dvd palyers but still same result

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

How is your dish network connected to the TV? If it's component or simply Audio-Video cables, then try connecting the DVD to that connection. If there's no hum there(you know that connection is good)then it's the TV's fault on the other connection and return it. Is everything plugged into the same wall outlet? You could also unplug everything from the power source except TV and DVD player and see if the hum's still there.

5. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

my dish network is connected with coaxial cable and i watch it on tv tuner selection. i tried to connect different things but it still has the same hum noise.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'd return it

7. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

but the problem is that thing worked fine for some time as i didn't checked by connecting to either dvd player or cable and its already past 14 days. i was lucky that i got the warranty.but i want to use it at least for some time. and if i return now i will get the same crappy olevia . so my plan is to return at the end of this year. get my money back in form of gift cards and get good brand like sony. for the time being is there a way i could connect it to some external speakers to get rid of hum sound.thanks

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

By the end of the year, the TV will be at least 8mo old. If you bring it in all they aree going to do is fix it, if there is any warranty left. They are surely not going to give you any credit for a new TV. If you think it is a crappy TV why did you buy it in the first place? JM2C

9. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i bought it because it had good reviews. i bought it from circuitcity.i bought a printer from them with warrenty and it had some problems. so after nearly 2 years 1 return it to them and got credit of 200 in form of gift cards. i dont know what their policy is with TV. and is there any way to attach speakers to TV. thanks

10. ulagy

ulagy Member

Circuit City has a 30 day return policy on Televisions. http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/cat/-13414/edOid/105452/rpem/ccd/lookLearn.do
    I would return it, because on their protection plans on televisions their first try to repair the tv, than if it can't be fixed they try to give you a replacement if that same tv is still in stock. And last they will give you a gift card if that tv is not in stock. Or you could just get your money back and by a different tv. Their is no restocking fees on televisions

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The buzz sound is coming from your speakers, it's a common problem with the Olevia 32" because i had the same tv.. If you go to the settings and adjust the brightness from normal to the highest setting which is bright the buzzing goes away, yes it's annoying but i've heard that Olevia hasn't completely solved the problems with any of there newer models either..

Last edited: May 11, 2007