1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with picture...Please help??

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by mcelano83, Jul 21, 2006.

1. mcelano83

mcelano83 Member

I couldn't rip Glory Road with DVD Shrink due to an ecryption code. I even had AnyDVD running behind it, but it didn't work. So I tried a different method... I ripped it with Fab Decrypter, then ran it through VOB blanker, then transcoded it through Shrink as normal, then burnt it with DVD Decrypter. It burnt successfully, however the picture wasn't the greatest. Picture the colors kinda fading...
    Can anyone help me? I even tried ripping the ISO file through Nero, but that didn't even work. Would Nero Recode 2 burn you a better picture? Or is it not the burning, and it's the ripping process that's insufficient. If anyone has some advice, please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Mike

IM: Hockeman21

2. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Dowload rip it for me

http://www.ripit4me.org/

Follow all the steps. Basically its a way for dvd decrypter to rip the dvd and ripitforme inserts a psl file so decrypter can rip it. Make sure sure to follow the remaining steps of using fixvts to clean up the files.

Then the best way to "shrink" is to use nero recode 2 or even better, is slysoft clone dvd. Then burn it. Ya set now.....

Shrink is way out of date and doesnt produce the quality that clone or recode 2 would provide. BTW....the author of recode worte shrink.....

3. mcelano83

mcelano83 Member

How do I shrink it with Clone DVD? I see copy dvd titles, clone dvd, or write exisiting data. Which is it? And what do I do from there? And I assume this just rips the file, then I have to burn it with Nero ok?

Thanks

4. mcelano83

mcelano83 Member

And what's that whole output method part?

5. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

You need to rip first with rip it for me. Then use clone to shrink it. Output method is either burn to your dvd burner or put the files on the hard drive.

Write existing data is whatever is already on ya drive, which you would use if you ripped with rip it for me. Clone dvd is a complete clone of a dvd, including menus, extra,etc. Copy titles is just the movie itself.

If you have anydvd then use it in the background and then clone will do all the ripping and shrinking.

Basically I said to use rip it for me if your going the free route. If your going the paid route then get anydvd which runs in the background to decess the dvd. Then run clone to rip and compress the dvd. Really with anydvd and clone is all ya need if you can afford it....

I think there is a special on anydvd if you put in afterdawn as a promotion code in checkout....

6. mcelano83

mcelano83 Member

In rip it for me, do I use wizard mode or 1-click mode?

And then after I rip it to my hard drive, in Clone, I would then click on write existing data, correct?

Then what do I do, this is where it gets tricky? For Source, do I click on DVD movie files and locate the files, or do I click on ISO/UDF image and locate the files? And do I need to do anything with the Output method? I know I'm backing them up with Clone, and then I'll still need to burn the image after, but I just want to make sure I understand it.

I'm throw off only b/c I have ripped a movie using something else, so I have the files, and I'm trying to open them with "write exisiting data", and clicked on ISO/UDF for source, I clicked go, and its asking to insert a blank dvd to write, but it shouldnt be b/c its ripping not burning.

I need help! thanks

7. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

Okay go wizard mode so it will walk you through the setup up of rip it for me.

Ok now maybe I misunderstood. You already have the dvd files ripped and sitting on ya drive right?

Now assuming you want a complete dvd including mensu push "clone dvd"

In the next section click to browse where the files are. Now Im assuming you are going to be putting these on a dvd5. So on the bottom select dvd 5, then hit next. Now uncheck anything you want to remove, like spanish subtitles or whtever. Then hit next.....

On the next page pick a place for temporary files on the bottom. Then pick a name for the dvd/. Then under output method pick ya burner and the write speed. Yes clone has it sown burning engine and wont need to nero to burn. Then hit go and your on ya way.

This is how you clone, shrink it, and then burn with clone.

Here is the guide for ripitforme complete with pictures

http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

Here is the guide for clonedvd

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/full_dvd_to_dvdr_with_clonedvd.cfm

Its actually quite simple once you get the hang of it. Keep a trying and you will get there

8. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member