1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with RCA 5 GB H125PA

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by HaLLa85, Dec 27, 2006.

1. HaLLa85

HaLLa85 Member

My sister got this for christmas. She got some songs on there and was listening to them. She then turned it off and later turned it back on and now it doesnt work.

It shows the RCA logo and then says "File not found!"

I plug the USB into it and the computer and the computer does not acknowledge it. We looked on their website, tried calling the number (which doesnt work) and everything. I figured someone here might be able to help.

I thought about maybe she deleted a file that is needed but she said it was working and she didnt mess with it between then and it not working ... so I guess thats not it.

Any ideas whats wrong or what to do? THanks.

2. HaLLa85

HaLLa85 Member

Does anyone know about this?

3. smudge611

smudge611 Member

I bought 3 of these for my kids for Christmas and two of them are having the same problem, there is nothing on RCA's website about this model at all. and of course you cannot get intouch with anyone alive to help. I will keep you posted if I can come up with anything.

4. GoPadge

GoPadge Member

My daughter also got one of these "gems" for Christmas.

Fortunately it's not exibited the same issues you've seen. But it does have issues while syncing. It will sink a few songs, (so far 20 is the most I've been able to transfer,) and then it will appearantly stop responding. I've left it overnight (6hrs+) and it has not responded.

RCA does have two other 5GB players that are visually the same, the RD2763FM and the RD2765. I'm hoping RCA tech support will have a firmware update available, or the firmware for one of these two will work. Otherwise this thing will be going back. There too many other players on sale at similar prices to waste time on a questionable product.

5. HaLLa85

HaLLa85 Member

Well I guess they are all crappy and they dont even have about the version cause of that...

6. smudge611

smudge611 Member

I finally got thru to tech suport, I have to send the players in for a exchange, so hopefully they don't have the same problem.
    As for sync issue. I did not use any software to put the songs on the player, if you already have them on your computer just drag and drop in explorer, if not rip them first. Later

7. GoPadge

GoPadge Member

Yes. Drag and drop does seem to work better. It's a bit of a pain in the rear for me, since I'll end up having to do it.

The issue is definately not with the cable or software. I've tired two other cables and two other MP3 managers besides Windows Media Player 10. The latest firmware for the two other players I mentioned do address issues with USB communications, but I'm still hesitant to attempt to update the device yet. I'm hoping to hear back from RCA today or tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  8. daman1

daman1 Regular member

My daughter got the 2GB RCA model TH1032.works great...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  9. GoPadge

GoPadge Member

So I've talked with RCA. They had me switch the USB protocol from MTP to MSC and that seemed to resolved the issue.

10. paulnw

paulnw Member

We we're having a similar problem and I think I found a solution. The RD2762 is the 4MB version. This is from the users manual.

Problem: Bad or missing file error message displayed on the Lyra Jukebox.
    • Please go to http://www.rca.com/digitalaudiodownloads and download the latest
    firmware update for your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade the
    firmware.

By holding down the joystick and then connecting the USB cable, I was able to get the computer to recognize the player.

I then downloaded the new firmware update from the following site:

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/en-US/RD2762Firmware

Followed the instructions and the unit now works. you might need to format the drive but try upgrading the firmware without formatting first. you might get lucky.

good luck...

11. Marvin_M

Marvin_M Member

What is the number for the tech support. I can't find it anywhere!!!

12. GoPadge

GoPadge Member

The number for RCA Lyra Support is 866-449-7112 8-8 M-F and 10-7 SS. I found them on a PDF of "Thomson Customer Care Phone Number Listings". I can't find a direct link, but it was well hidden on their Thomson site.

13. burns81

burns81 Member

I have the same problem with my RCA 5GB H125. As soon as turn on and off all files show error, and can not play. Any recommendations? Searched on RCA's site, but under download it just shows a red "X". Any help appreciated. It is my wifes, and if it's broken there's a good chance I lose my 30GB Zen M. :(
    Thanks!

14. miweather

miweather Guest

I also bought two H125PA mp3 player at Christmas.. One worked and still dose not a problem. The other one lasted about 4 days and started flashing RCA logo. Like everyone else after much trouble I got a hold of the company and sent it back. I had a replacement in 4 weeks. From April 10 till May 9 it worked well. Then as I turned it on it flashed RCA and did nothing else. I called the company and they said they would replace this one also. I mailed it out on May 20. Today is Aug 1 and I call to check the status of the player. I was told there was confusion because the serial # didn't match the original. I explained that it was a replacement. I was told that MP3 was out of stock as was their compatible replacement. I was then told call back in 3-5 days.
    I think that they are just jerking me around and if I hadnt called them they would not have called me either. Iam courious to find out the difference will be in 3-5 days after 2 months +

15. burns81

burns81 Member

Best of luck with dealing with RCA. For me the conclusion is to keep uploading the music. Honestly though, my wife hasn't used it in months. Now it's a paperweight! And yep, my Zen is now shared between us.

16. Marvin_M

Marvin_M Member

Just wanted to let you know that my second 5G went down!! So I sent it back because it still had warrenty left on it and they are sending me a 4G amd a 1G because they do not have a replacement for the 5G. So I guess something is better than nothing!! In fact the unit that they are sending is better thatn the one I had so I guess theres no complaints from me!!

17. luky2011

luky2011 Member

18. pandasuu

pandasuu Member

Sorry to intrude, but can anyone help?

I recently got a old RCA H125PA from a friend who got a new mp3 player. despite the condition the thing works like a charm. Sadly, in a feat of ignorance from me I accidentally ended up not paying attention and deleting the 'lyra' file that was there and now it doesnt work at all. It flashes lights at me and always says 'loading' or 'file corrupt'.

can someone please tell me where i can get the missing file? or make a copy for me from their mp3 player? i'd appreciate it so much...

19. Tye_Brown

Tye_Brown Member

Here's my solution, don't buy the shitty mp3s RCA makes! I'm only 13 and I know how well mp3s should be working, and these work horribly after a few days a few weeks if you're lucky. So here's what you need to do, if you can, transfer all music from your mp3 to your computer and buy a new mp3.