1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with RCA DRC8295N recording

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shnymrsh, Jan 12, 2005.

1. shnymrsh

shnymrsh Member

We bought the RCA DRC8295N stand alone DVD Recorder/VCR combo for Christmas and have had nothing but problems. The 1st one we got played everything fine, but wouldn't record on +R or +RW discs, even the one that it came with (I made sure that the + format was the correct one) We tried a diffrent brand of discs and it still wouldn't work so we took that one back.
    The second one recorded fine on +RW discs, but wouldn't record on the +R discs that we had (they were the same brand). I though it might have been the discs, so we bought another brand (one that was listed as compatible by RCA). They still wouldn't work. It starts recording and just stops after a few seconds and says that their is an error. It also finalizes the discs.
    I have tried contacting RCA through their website and haven't gotten a response and their is no phone number listed anywhere to call.
    I just can't understand why the +RWs work and the +Rs don't.
    Has anyone else had problems with this or other RCA recorders? RCA used to be a good name, that's why we got the RCA instead of the slightly cheaper off-name brand. Now I'm not so sure. I would appreciate any help or ideas on this problem. Thanks.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If the player wouldn't deliver with promised, average set up, I'll say just return it for another brand.