1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with San Andreas!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Agent56, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Agent56

Agent56 Member

Help ME! Whenever i play san andreas my computer may crash suddenly after 30min-1hr30min. WTF is going on?

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

what are your system specs?

is the game an original or a "back up"

3. Agent56

Agent56 Member

Specs:
    AMD Sempron 2600 + 1.61GHz,
    512Mb of RAM
    Also has a 256Mb Video Card. Radeon 9550.
    80Gig HD,

O.S.
    Windows XP Pro.

San Andreas is a Backup that uses a crack.

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

it could be a heat related issue with your graphics card as the rest of your specs seem good enough for san andreas. i had it running fine on a similar system.

i could also be your processor that may be having heat issues as semprons arent really made for gaming but it should be ok.

5. Agent56

Agent56 Member

Thanks, but what should i do about the heat problems?

6. pfleck86

pfleck86 Member

yeah, it sounds like a heat problem...does the whole system shut down or just the game? if it is a heat problem, you could try taking the siding of your case off, or just buying another fan to hook up.

Remember, a cool computer is a happy computer.

7. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

taking the fan side off your case isnt really the way to go about fixing heat problems as it allows more dust to gather in the case eventually creating more heat problems and if your really unlucky it can build up static which is never good for anything electrical espescially PCs.

If it is a heat related problem you should be able to tell. if the computer is restarting after youve played for a while. go into the bios on the restart. theres usually a section called hardware monitor (or something along those lines) which tells you the temperature of your CPU and Motherboard.

find out what the temperatures are and ill tell you if your cpu is overheating or not

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2006
  8. zeek79

zeek79 Member

I had that problem with my PS2 so it probably is Rockstarr I also have ViceCity for X Box and the same jus get rid of the game because it will ruin the computer, ps2, and xbox i am not joking i went through 3 ps2 2 xbox 5 computers cause of rockstarr

9. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Im not sure i can belive that. Your saying that San andreas made your PS2 and Xbox overheat? or just completly stop working together?
    Did you have a mod chip installed?
    Did you have any other mods installed?
    Where they ventilated?

10. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

@ zeek79 - i think you may have been very unlucky with your selection of rockstar games but ive never had problems like that espescially on xbox and ps2. i had a problem with san andreas on pc but that was down to my crap graphics card. it worked fine on my 2nd system.

dont take your game back. let me know when youve found out those temperatures when the system reboots

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006