1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with sound and picture after converting with tmpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mattlaw, Jan 24, 2003.

1. mattlaw

mattlaw Member

i could you please help i have converted a divx movie to mpeg so i can watch it on my stand alone dvd and the picture is very clear but jumps from frame to frame also i have no sound could you please help im exausted also ive distroyed several cds in the prosess thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I have 2 suggestions about the sound. As for the picture, TMPGEnc seems to have this issue where you see tiny pauses in the playback of a movie. But now for the sound..

This method might save you some trouble, its just really a question of whether it will work!
    Open TMPGEnc and click Option - Environmental Settings. Click the "VFAPI Plugin" tab and you should get a list. On that list should be DirectShow. Right click it and give it a higher priority until it is higher than the rest!

If that doesn't work then put the priority back to the way it was and try this!

You need VirtualDUB. http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

Open your divx in VirtualDUB. Click Video and select "Direct Stream Copy". Click Audio and select "Full Processing Mode", and click Audio again and click "Compression". Now in the list of compression options, click no compression PCM and click ok. Now click file - save avi. The output avi will have uncompressed audio so it will be larger in file size but that should solve your problem with TMPGEnc.