1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Spider Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Todd513, Dec 26, 2004.

1. screwston

screwston Guest

It frags because the dashboard is not the microsoft one and the one you installed it works only with the bios you installed too. That's what I heard. so the switch is useless

2. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

The only thing this thing is giving me when I put in my cd with Evox is the[bold] CD-Rom Label[/bold]After that it wont do anything else. Does anybody know how long it is supposed to take to load. I let it sit for a while and nothing happened. It still showed the CD-rom label.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  3. screwston

screwston Guest

It takes less than 30 secs. to make it work fallow really close the instructions on how to burn the bios. It hapened to me too but I finally was able to do it. Do exactly what it says on the tutorial on how to burn the bios.

4. voltron

voltron Member

I used a dvd-r and evox m8 1.6 bios and it flashed just fine in a sammy drive.

5. ospylac

ospylac Guest

I used a very cheap cd-r and it took around 20 secs to flash. Now got a very cool evox dashboard and it's all good!
    Thanks to everyone who helped!

6. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

Ok everybody. I finally figured out what my problem was. I WAS burning the cd wrong. It went ahead and let me use a CD-R. I had to go in and change a few options. It worked. I loaded the SpiderChip with Xtender or X2 or whichever one it was. The chip was flashing then the whole thing shut off like it said it should "or at least I thought so" but then it never came back on. I turned it back on and then i got the nothing but boot up and cut-off three times thing again. None of my wires came out so I really dont know what is going on.

7. voltron

voltron Member

sound like it might have been a bad flash. What bios did you use

8. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

I used the Xecuter2 4973 v1.1 256k bios from www.x-b-o-x.net.

9. voltron

voltron Member

what ver. xbox do you have. If it a 1.6 i think the only bios you can use is evox m8 1.6

10. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

I have a 1.6. I tried to use the m8_1.6plus but I could never find a 256k the ones I did find were like 460 something. I tried it and it said something like flash to small for image. It is to late for me to reflash it?

11. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

I have a 1.6. I tried to use the m8_1.6plus but I could never find a 256k the ones I did find were like 460 something. I tried it and it said something like flash to small for image. It is to late for me to reflash it?

12. screwston

screwston Guest

The M8Plus_16 is not 400 and something. In the same RARed Archive are both Bioses. You have to extract them and get the one that you need. There are the two bioses. and each of them is 256. And sorry about your question if you can still reflash it, some people might know but I am sure you can since there was nothing changed when attempted.

13. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

Oh... I wish I would have known that before. Anyway, what do I need to extract it or should I just stay with the Xecuter2?

14. screwston

screwston Guest

Just extract with WinRAR and use the bios according to your xbox version and use the dummy file burn it to a cd-rw or dvd-r and that's it. Use the tutorials on the site to burn the bios.

15. voltron

voltron Member

Do you still have the option of booting into the cromwell bios. If not it might be alittle difficult to re-flash with out a programmer which spiderchip hasn't released yet. I have been trying to figure it out, but have not been able. I have read in this forum that you can use the programmer from another chip(i think the xecuetor)to re-flash. When you use winrar to unpack the bios you will have to options to use. M8 and M81.6. you want the 1.6.

16. Kuttah

Kuttah Member

It does not give me the option of re-flashing. I will do some research and see if I can use another programmer. If not I will just get a new chip or wait for the Spider folks to release their programmer. While I am waiting for all of that I guess I will get the M8_1.6 ready to go.

17. voltron

voltron Member

let me know how you make out

18. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

IF ITS GOING ON AND OFF 2 TIMES THEN COMING ON AND FLASHING GREEN AND RED, I GARANTEE ITS YOUR DO POINT OR PIN.
    SORRY ABOUT THE ALL CAPS MY KEYBOARD IS MESSED UP

19. KjbAlto

KjbAlto Member

Mine was a 1.6b that had some of the holes covered. After trying to poke through and make holes for the wires I messed it up. So I bought a 1.6 motherboard on ebay and it worked perfect from there. I was able to put the spiderchip in, and flash the bios. If I turn the switch off it boots up normally. For the people that are getting FRAG when turning off the switch, you're spiderchip is not touching the points properly. On the older motherboards you have to use the screw that came off the xbox, not hte one wiht the spiderchip. My friend did that with his, he had a 1.1 motherboard and it would FRAG when he turned the chip off and it would also FRAG every once in awhile for no reason. He used the screw that was from the xbox and now he has no problem. I'm using the screw that came with the spiderchip but I have a 1.6 motherboard.

20. phsyco009

phsyco009 Member

ok this questions has ben posted before but i didnt no if anyone found an answer with the wired c,d,e and how in the pictures it shows them crossed like c,e,d for the spider 1.1 for xbox v1.6. also kuttah you said you switched the wires and it worked so in what order did you place the wires. I've tried to install it and whe i did the xbox went on then off then on then of then on and this time it flashed green and red and the screen is black. Can anybody please help me?