1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with subtitles, Convertxtodvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by huh123, May 26, 2007.

1. huh123

huh123 Member

I've been meaning to make a dvd of my show but when I have the power to do so now I hit another wall.

When I extracted the subtitles from my one video and loaded the file to convertx everything was going good up to the point where I had to add the subtitles. I loaded the subs to it but then I noticed something strange:
    [​IMG]
    If I burn this does that mean that I will have 11 subs to chose from? Cause when I checked the file in VLC Media Player it said it only has 1 sub track and thats english, but when its loaded into convertx does that mean that the sub tracks have been divided form the normal 1 subtitle track that I seen from vlc? I also notice in vurtualdubmod that it comes back with an error also:
    "[!] MKV: Subtitle stream (4) contains overlapping subtitles. Some of them may
    not be kept when editing."

Anyway to fix this or am I doomed :(

Edit: used MKVextractGUI to extract the subs from the .mkv video.

Edit 2: Ok, I used Virtualdubmod again and I extracted the subtitles as a .srt and when I added that .srt subs to convertx, I get a normal "[en] Track 4, External SRT". When I check it, it says "English[en] language, ''Default,(ANSI - Latin I)'' rendering style,318 entries". So the subs will show up normal when I use V.dubmod and extract the subs as .srt? I dont have to worry about multi sub tracks like I did when I first post?

It says 1 subtitle stream, 0 internal, 1 external.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi,

Yes, you should end up with 11 different subtitles.

Also, manually select the proper language for each, since by default, it will say english 11 times, since it's doesn't know what language it is.

I don't use subs so it's as far as I can go for now :)