1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with the file Lotus Notes

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by nitrover, Mar 30, 2016.

1. nitrover

nitrover Newbie

Hello,

A couple of days ago, he tried to open the file and Lotus jumped error: "The file appears to be corrupted".

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and if so prompt decision?

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I would guess that it matter which version of Lotus Notes. Run it in compatibility mode.

3. badgericho

badgericho Newbie

If you are facing the same problem then use, guide below or read and learn topics connected with NSF files issues

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO83501

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/corrupt-lotus-notes-nsf-file/

https://www.openfiletool.com/nsfopen.html NSF Open File Tool

The following steps will check and possibly repair corrupted NSF files.

1. Open a command prompt and change the directory to your Lotus Notes program directory.
    2. Enter the command: nfixup.exe X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf (+enter)
      This command initiates a general scan of the NSF file and tries to repair it when corrupted. After competion index the NSF file again with Intella. If you still have an issue indexing, continue with the following step.
    3. Enter the command: ncompact.exe X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf (+enter)
      This command compacts the NSF file. After competion index the NSF file again with Intella. If you still have an issue indexing, continue with the following step.
    4. Enter the command: nupdall –r X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf (+enter)
      This command rebuilds the entire NSF index. After competion index the NSF file again with Intella.
      The answers would help.
    Please note: If you have more than one NSF file, you can use the commands listed above on a directory of NSF files by entering the directory name and not the NSF file name. For example: nfixup.exe X:/<dir-of-nsf-files>

4. Pattri

Pattri Member

The error message you're receiving means the NSF database file is corrupted. You need to repair the file. There're few third-party tools in the market to repair NSF database, but I won't recommend any here. Instead of that, I'll suggest you to try Fixup tool, provided by IBM Lotus Notes. You can read this blog post once: An Easy Way to Repair NSF File by using Fixup Tool | N. Sem's Blog

I really hope the Fixup tool would be helpful for you to repair NSF database file.

Thanks and best regards.