1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with The Village using DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LEFTY15, Jan 26, 2005.

1. LEFTY15

LEFTY15 Member

I have been using DVD Shrink along with DVD decryptor for a few months now with no problems. I recently rented The Village and attempted to burn. The DVD decryptor process was fine, and the DVD Shrink analysis was ok, but when backing up the .iso file using DVD shrink, about half way into it my compuer shuts down with no warning. Why is this?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Just a guess but it may be an overheat problem. Check inside and make sure all your fans and running. Make sure the vent holes are not blocked by anything. Try burning againg with the PC covers off and maybe aim a small fan towards the main processor. If that works you may need a bigger fan or more airflow from something.

Jerry

3. LEFTY15

LEFTY15 Member

Thank you for the reply. The computer isn't the problem. I've burned other DVDs since, and it's worked fine. Every time i try to durn The Village, is shuts down at one specific spot about half way through the backup.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Do you have the latest version 3.5.2.0 of DVD DeCrypter? I also used DVD DeCrypter along with DVD Shrink without any burn problems on the Village. You could also try VobBlanker and then use DVD Shrink to see if that works any better.

One other question. Have you had a problem starting up your PC such as sometimes you have to hit the Power button a couple of times or you have to just cut the AC all together, then try again? This might not be an everyday thing either, just once in a while...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. scuzzle

scuzzle Member

I was getting a "cyclic redundancy error" using DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. The only way that I got around it was to run AnyDVD in the background while CloneDVD2 ripped the DVD.

Download both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 here:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html