1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with tmpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by glfpunk, Jul 1, 2003.

1. glfpunk

glfpunk Member

im fairly new to this, so bear with me. i've made a few vcds and have a decent handle on what i'm doing, but whenever i've had to use tmpeg to convert an avi to mpg, tmpeg has shortened the width of the picture and made it taller. so now it looks too narrow and stretched too tall. i don't understand why. the avi files were great quality and im just stumped now. please help

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Pasted from the following thread - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [bold]9. Video output is stretched when it used to have black bars[/bold]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very easily fixed you will be glad to hear. All you have to do is click setting, click the advanced tab and change Video Arrange Method to "Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)". That should do it!