1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with TMPGEnc in converting avi to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crazy, Apr 27, 2004.

1. crazy

crazy Guest

I am trying to convert an existing avi file to dvd using TMPGEnc program via your guide. But I keep getting the ssame error message, that it cannont open or is unsupportive.

Is there a codec or something I need to get this working. IT the lastest version. Movie is Kill bill 2.
    I was able to convert it to Mpeg using another software, but I get the same message selecting this file aswell.

This is my first time and I can't find anything in the forum. Sorry if I missed it

Thanks

2. zjmedia

zjmedia Member

Hi, maybe you can try a another software named WinAVI Video Converter http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm.In fact, it is a complete solution for video file converting and burning. It can convert avi to dvd in 60 minutes with stunning video quality。
    Good luck!
    Lily

3. zjmedia

zjmedia Member

Hi, maybe you can try a another software named WinAVI Video Converter http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm. In fact, it is a complete solution for video file converting and burning. It can convert AVI to dvd in 60 minutes with stunning video quality。
    Good luck!
    Lily

4. jumpjet

jumpjet Member

I had exactly the same problem tonight, with the unsupported error. I found it to be a CODEC problem.

I mostly use XviD now, but I have DivX 5 installed, which I assumed to be backwards compatable, but it didn't seem to be.

I could watch the movie without any problems, but TMPGEnc didn't want to know.

I ran the movie through GSPOT and though it rendered OK, it did say at the top right that I didn't have the DivX 3 codec installed. So I installed it, and that was that. TMPGEnc now has no problems with it.

Good luck

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

crazy check out your problem with this thread:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  6. josec

josec Member

I burnt a movie in VDC format (with nero), and when i saw it on my DVD palyer, the image was black-bule and white. the image when i played it on my computer was with full color.
    i did this with 2 different movies, and the same happened
    what am i doing wrong???

7. lella

lella Guest

[bold]zjmedia[/bold]
    The free version of ur product is supposed to leave a watermark on the converted media files. What is it exactly?

8. crazy

crazy Guest

The water mark is most likely the companies name , which will be in large letters going across the entire middle of the screen. Therefore if you like there program you will need to regeister it too use it. Buggers....lol