1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with too long URIs fixed

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, May 14, 2005.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Now the old, old annoyance with too long URLs has been solved. Now all links that are over 70 characters long, will be cut off so that only first 65 characters will be shown and added with "...". Obviously the link itself (<a href>) will work as normal.

This affects only new messages, old ones will continue to have too long urls here and there.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Just wanted to say thanks to all the effort put forth lately.... it's not been unnoticed.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Thanks. And we do put the same effort to the site constantly, its just getting more rare to have time to do the stuff that is immediately visible to the regular users -- such as bug fixes, new features, etc. Most of the time is nowadays spent with various new projects, server improvements, stabilizing the system even further, dealing with advertisers, dealing with support issues, etc. But now it seems that most of the big backend issues have been sorted -- took only about a year to do so :) -- and I should have time to add these small little features and improvements even more in the near future.

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Yet another wonderful addition to the best site in the world :D Hope we get to 2 Million soon.