1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Turning On Duox2 Chip.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by pkizzz, Oct 21, 2007.

1. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

Hi,

I have recently soldered a Duox2 modchip in my Xbox. It's the first time I have modded my Xbox so I don't know if I have done everything correctly.

The first time I tested it, it worked fine and booted up with the blue Xbox logo and the Xecutor text under the Xbox logo. I also installed Evox with the Slayers 2.7 disc and everything worked fine.

When I started the Xbox with the eject button the chip turned it self off as it should have done, and I could see the original Xbox logo.

The problem is that I can't turn the chip on again. The chip should be turned on when I start the Xbox with the power button, but all I see is the original Xbox logo. I have tried atleast 20 times and the Xbox wont boot in to Evox dashboard.

What should I do now?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Some chips require you to hold the power button in for three seconds to activate it!

3. pkizzz

pkizzz Member

I have also tried that many times, but the chip still doesn't turn itself on...

I find this problem really weird because first when I tried the chip it worked 100%. It ran backups and I installed the Evox dashboard, but when I booted up with the eject button the chip turned itself off and now I can't turn it on again....

Does someone know how to fix this? I have also heard that I can make the chip always enabled by soldering the BT to pin 9, could this cure my problem? Or somewhere I have read that soldering the D0 to ground should help?

4. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

I have the same chip installed, it sounds like a wire has come loose to me. The solder point are very small and can be hard to get solder to stay bonded especially the (D0) I had this problem so much that I soldered the points and then placed a small piece of electrical tape in order to help hold in place. I would start by checking your wires (D0) see if it came loose if so then you should be able to fix and then it will boot back in to Evox.

5. level26

level26 Member

I agree. Start by checking your (D0) wire. If you have it soldered to the tiny hole on the top of the board, try the larger contact point underneath the board. Find some open flat spots to tape down your loose wires when finished.