1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with two mpegs onto one DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Parmenion, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Parmenion

Parmenion Member

Hi, I have a movie in two mpegs. I converted both mpegs to DVD format and used Shrink to add both and create new DVD with full movie. When played from folder on pc the DVD is fine however after burning onto disc the second half of the movie has a green bar along the top and bottom of the screen and the middle part jerks up and down constantly. I'm using good media and burning at 4X, even tried 2.4X to see if that made any difference but same result.
    Any ideas?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Does the "second half" of the movie with "the green bar" correspond exactly to the second of the two original mpegs? If so, then something went awry along the way in encoding. What did you use to convert to VOB?

3. Parmenion

Parmenion Member

Hi Bazilla,

The second half of the movie does indeed correspond to the second mpeg. I used VSO DivXtoDVD to convert to VOB. The movie plays ok on my PC, it only gets weird after burning to disc.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What about playing the burned-to-disc copy in your PC. Do you see the "green bar" then?

My guess -- and a wild guess -- is that there is something "wrong" with the encoding in the second of the original mpeg files. That it doesn't show up will playing the mpeg in a media player on the pc doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

What do you know about the format of the original files (codec, resolution, etc.)? Have a look at them with Gspot and see if you see any differences between the two.

5. Parmenion

Parmenion Member

Thanks Bazilla,
    Used Tmpgenc to re-encode the two mpegs and tried again. Worked this time so must have been as you stated a encoding problem first time round.
    Thanks again for the help.