1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with virtual dub!!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by lafiera, Apr 21, 2002.

1. lafiera

lafiera Guest

I was following the guide---Copy your DVD into DivX5 format - Guide for 16:9 anamorphic movies---for the first time and when i get to the virtual dub step, and when i tried to open the file with virtual dub, it gives teh following error:
    "Couldnt locate decompressor for format 'vipf'(unknown)
    VirtualDub requires a video for windows (VFW)compatible codec to decompress video. Direct show codecs, such as those used by windows media player, are not suitable."

The guide says "If the video doesn't open, you didn't install VFAPI Reader Codec correctly."
    The question is, how is it supposd to be installed????? It downloads into a zipped file, i extract this file and i get an exe file that is ready to be run....
    well, any help certainly appreciated
    thanks!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to run the .bat file inside the package to install VFAPI Reader Codec -- the exe isn't the codec, it's just the conversion tool to convert .d2v files to pseudo-AVIs.

3. drharvey

drharvey Member

i have the same problem with "virtual dub", i wanted to open an avi502divx file and i cant...after that i installed a divx 502codec updated that i read from this forum and it works but rarely, after 2 days i captured with the 502divx and going to open with virtual dub and nothing to do..doesn't work again.
    I've read from this forum that downloading the VFAPI Codec and running the file .bat it will works but i still have the same problem.
    I don't know what can i do.
    If someone knows the solution....thanxx a lot.