1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with Virtual Dub

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Hattrick, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Hattrick

Hattrick Member

I am currently attempting to use Virtual Dub to resychronize the audio and video on a movie I downloaded. I believe i succeeded in getting them pretty close, but in using Virtual Dub, when I am playing the movie to observe for the synchronicity, the audio is in "jumps" and "hiccups", for lack of better terms. The movie is playing in slow motion also. It would be a lot easier to synch the audio and video if I could see and hear them both in real time like when the movie is playing in my Windows Media Player. Am I using Virtual Dub wrong? Is there another way to play a movie in Virtual Dub without the slow mo and skips in the audio (to bring up the movie I open it in Virtual Dub and then press the Output Playback button to play the movie, but it plays in slow mo and with audio "jumps" or "skips".) Is there an easier way to resynchronize? Thanks for the help.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

VirtualDub is not a player and therefor don't expect it to behave like one. And no, there isn't any easier way, but VDub's way is easy enough for most of the people (just few clicks and error/trial method).