1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with watching a vcd

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by beast911, Jun 2, 2003.

1. beast911

beast911 Member

I never made a vcd before so I thought today I'll try it. I took a mpeg file and went to burn it with Nero. It said it wasn't in the right format so I used TMPGEnc to turn it into a better mpeg file. Used Nero again and it burned with no problems. I went to put it in my DVD player (which does support VCD) and it started but every once in a while part of the picture would be fuzzy, like squares of green or pink, sometimes lines would appear on the screen. Also the sound would cut out for a few sec. I have tried scanning it for bad frames. I tried burning it at a lower speed. I tried re-encoding it again. Its still does it. It looked just fine on my computer so I have no idea what the problem is.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

could be just your player, some dont support VCD very well unfortunately!! or maybe the cd-r media you are using!!

3. nik99

nik99 Regular member

dela,,actaully just noticed this prob ,,during my holiday trip to Goa..had taken along few vcds id burned and my playa..couple of my buds pointd out that the movie was runing slightly slow..as in ..how do i expalin,,slow movements etc..it very slight ..i nver noticed it till now..guess we did only cause v vr stoned..but how do i rectify this ,,,while burnniig new ones..let the old ones be..
    also can it b a playa prob?hevnt tested it ona diff playa..

4. Dela

Can be a few things! some players think that a certain brate is standard so if you go over it or under it it changes the speed of the movie! It's a little strange but sure i mean, there's lots of that around like Sony DVD players only taking cd-rw media and players playing movies that were made with dde sp and not playing those from tmpgenc! lol

5. nik99

nik99 Regular member

ok,,can i fiddle with the bit rate while encoding then?

6. Dela

Well I cant say it'll help at all I was just using that particular problem as an example.

7. Nuggs

Nuggs Member

Sony DVD players only take CD-RW??? U gotta b joking :(

8. Dela

Nope! Thats completely true!!