1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Windows Vista Home Premium

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tk31396, Sep 4, 2007.

1. tk31396

tk31396 Member

well my family recently purchased a new computer with the windows vista software installed. so i decided to take the CD from the new computer and upgrade mine from Windows XP to Vista Home Premium. everything was great till i went on vacation for a week and came home to realize my trial of Vista has expired. Now it only lets me get on and it gives me an hour of browsin time to activate. im not tryin to pay $300 so can anyone tell me how to (if possible) to keep all my files and revert my computer back to XP or extend the trial so i can use it awhile longer???? thankss

2. johney69

johney69 Regular member

try system restore

3. tk31396

tk31396 Member

how do i do that?

4. johney69

johney69 Regular member

go 2 the start -go all programs -Accessories-System Tools-and click system restore(take it back 1 or 2 days before u installed it -just rember waqt u installed in the time will be wiped but everythink in ur My Documents will stay the same)this should wor if u dont understand anythink just hit back

5. tk31396

tk31396 Member

i dont even have a start button or a taskbar or a desktop lol... just an internet browser