1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with WinRAR

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by leekwang, Feb 26, 2007.

1. leekwang

leekwang Member

I had downloaded a game recently.The contents were all WinRAR files.After extracting them,instead of a image file,I get a file which the extension of the file was iso but the file type was WinRAR.When I try to extract the file,an error message came out saying that no archives found.What was the problem and what should I do?

2. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

so wat type of game is it psp.ps2,x-box etc?

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

It could be corrupt. FYI, the reason why the ISO showed as a WinRAR file is because WinRAR can extract ISOs and will automatically select itself as the default handler for ISOs upon installation.

There may be another way of solving this, but, in the interim, check to see if your RAR came with PAR2 files and, if so, let Quickpar run a check on the RARs.

4. leekwang

leekwang Member

It's a x-box game.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Then just burn it to a -r dvd at a low speed and stick it in a modded xbox...
    By god, some people REALLY need to learn how to search the forum and read the stickies.

6. alexperez

alexperez Guest

Though i would post my problem here instead of starting another thread.
    I have wwe smackdown 2007 and is split up into 35 rar files, I try to unrar this and the process gets up to 98% when i receive a diagnostic error saying the didk is full and another saying ntfs and supporting files over 4gb.
    Does any one know what I can do with this, I have 2 different versions of the game now and the smae thing happens, I have 30gb hard drive space so it is not this?

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

*sigh* here wo go again...
    Your HD is set up as FAT, which doesn't support files over 4 GB in size.
    So either get a NTFS HD, or setup your old HD as NTFS.

8. alexperez

alexperez Guest

Nice one mate, but i dont know what any of that means?

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Then GOOGLE IT.

10. alexperez

alexperez Guest

I see everyone is so friendly on this forum

11. alexperez

alexperez Guest

THE FIEND, I searched on google and read up about fat32 and aparantly this is quite old, I have a brand new laptop so can see how this is the problem?Am I correct in saying windows XP does not support FAT32 HD?

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

XP works fine with it, but FAT32 *and FAT16, which are common formats for laptop HD's* does not support files over 4 gb, as i said.
    Use google for solutions, or use the forum search.

And if you think my last reply was unfriendly, you should consider yourself lucky that you haven't cought me on a bad day, because you would be crying and asking for your mother about now X)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  13. alexperez

alexperez Guest

ok thanks for your help but your a bit of a prick arent oyu, was only asking for help.
    You was new to this stuff once.

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Actually, i'm an bumhole, and proud of it :)
    And yes, i was once new to all this, but i knew how to use the search function, and google :p