1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with xbox. help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by rocker987, Jun 15, 2007.

1. rocker987

rocker987 Member

Ok so about a month ago I downloaded AID 3.0 and burned it to a blank dvd-r and from there I put the dvd-r in my modded xbox to install some extra applications. After I installed most of the applications and was at the AID main menu I accidentally selected the option that restores my MS dash. After this had happened I thought this meant that my MS dash was only restored until I turned on the system again and I would have my modded dashboard back but that has not been the case. My xbox will not play any backed up xbox games. I have no applications now and my xbox now runs completely unmodded and I have no idea how to fix this. I have not deleted any files so the modded files I assume are still on my hard drive somewhere.. Any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, you can try just using AID to re-softmod the Xbox and then install the MS Dash and EvoX. IT should be easy if you left the original softmod files on there as it will look for them and find them already there, so no need to use AR Max to put them on again.

That or just see if AID will load up by sticking it in then resetting your Xbox. It should boot even on an unmodded system since it is used to mod.

3. rocker987

rocker987 Member

well i burned AID again since i lost the dvd-r i had used to install it the first time and I started the xbox with the new dvd-r in the disc drive a few different times and everytime I did it gave me a message that said "Your Xbox can't recognize this disc..." I burned the dvd-r at 2x speed using DVD Decrypter. Did i make an error in the burning process or should I try some other method?

4. rocker987

rocker987 Member

I just tried to reburn the dvd at 4x speed and a friend left his soft modded box over here and the disc played on his box so i know now that i burned it correctly. If there are any ideas that you can think of let me know. Thanks.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

pnly other thing i can think of would be rebuilding the drive in your PC with xboxhdm and then reinsyalling the softmod and all the apps and games. It would basically starting fresh. It builds the drive back to it's retail state. If you do not have a copy of your EEPROM file on your PC, and can not FTP then you have to use the "hotswap" method. If you do have the EEPROM file you can just take the drive out and use xboxhdm to rebuild it back to retail.

Other than that i am just not sure. I assume that you can not FTP, correct?

6. rocker987

rocker987 Member

Sadly, I don't have a copy of the EEPROM file and can't FTP. I have heard that the hotswap method is dangerous and would greatly damage the xbox if done incorrectly. Is hotswapping very difficult to do? If so, could i instead remod my xbox by using the method of buying an action replay and the older edition of Splinter Cell that allows me to softmod my xbox?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

It is possible that you can re-softmod it. If you thing the files have not be deleted all you will need is the game that was originally used (splinter cell, mech assult or agent under fire), then stick it in and load the softmod as your gamesave and it should load the softmod program. BUt in order to do that it of course must be able to load a disc.

Hotswap is a risky method usually used by people who have no other choice. And if done wrong then yes, you would have quite a bit of work to get the xbox working again. Like building an EEPROM reader, getting the EEPROM, formatting a new hard drive and then installing it and re-softmodding it.

I am sure that once you get it working you will remeber to make a back up of your EEPROM file and store it on your PC.