1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with XviD codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by kal135, Apr 23, 2005.

1. kal135

kal135 Member

I followed the guide to copy a dvd to xvid with ac3 surround sound and I have a problem when I go in VirtualDub to Video --- Compression === XviD MPEG-4 Codec, I get this [​IMG] instead of this [​IMG]

2. kal135

kal135 Member

Oh sorry, I didn't finished my question, Is there somebody who knows what i could do to solve my problem ?

3. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I dotn see what your problem is... The same options are on both.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i say you didn't upgrade xvid all the way to the latest xvid1.1 beta2 ?
    if that is the defaults, the beta's default profile are set to unrestricted.

and why you're not seeing te same window you used to ?
    thats what we called modern advancement :)

i would say go with the very latest. its really good in qualty improvement. if you want to make it standalone compliance just use the right profile. which i don't exactly know which....yet.

5. kal135

kal135 Member

I don't have the 1.1 beta I have the 1.0.3-20122004, I wanna see the same thing as in the guide 'cause if I don't, I don't understand how to set the options, I don't have the same options as in the guide.

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The GUI for 1.1.0beta2 looks basically the same as 1.0.3. Just a few things like no closed GOV, cartoon mode has been moved to zones, added vhq for bframes, etc.

Your problem is that the guide that you are following is outdated and designed for use with devapi3 builds. Most of the important options are the same. Most options are fine on default though so you should be fine.

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you can use the default settings.