1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by viking804, Aug 11, 2004.

1. viking804

viking804 Member

I just joined and looks like a great place to be but I have aproblem. When I click on guides or downloads the box goes to the right side of my screen and I can not move it over. I can barley see the left side of the box. Can anyone help me? It does it on both of computers. Thank you in advance Viking804

2. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

I can't really understand the nature of your problem. Could you describe it a bit more or maybe provide a screenshot?

3. viking804

viking804 Member

It is really weird I have tried several times and the same thing happens. I clicked on downloads and the download screen goes all the way to the right side of my computer. The slide bar on the bottom moves it a 1/2 of an inch and thats it. I can only see about 1 inch of the download box. In the middle top of the page is an ad for getting you degree and below that its blue with nothing there but on the right side of the screen you can see part of the download box. But you can't click on anything. It is very frustating! Can you tell me how to show a screen shot and I will show you. Thank you I hope I am doing something wrong so it can be fixed. Viking

4. Ketola

Where exactly do you click on "Downloads"? I still can't understand what you are referring to by "box".

You can take a screenshot by using, for instance, Hypersnap.

http://www.hyperionics.com/

Please put the screenshot on a web space somewhere and post the URL here. If you don't have web space available, please send me a private message.

5. viking804

viking804 Member

Thanx for the responce. When I was on your home page and clicked top downloads it would do what I said. Now it is not doing it and I am not sure why. If it does it again I will send you a screen shot. Thanx again Viking

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

do you have a firewall by any chance? I've had the same issue on a few machines with different software firewalls installed. It's like the page doesn't load right, or doesn't fully load at all. Not sure if this is your issue, but try again with your firewall off (if you have one)

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey darthnip i have a different slant, you know where the reply button is at the bottom of the page ,imagine from there to the far right is blank and everything from the reply button to the far left is all squashed up and that the color on the page is all blue .Its if the page hasnt loaded altogether.

I get this on occasion but i have to log all the way out and then log in again to get the page right.Refreshing doesnt work.

8. viking804

viking804 Member

I do not have a firewall but I have a router maybe that was the problem. Thank you for the help you guys have a great site. Viking

9. Ketola

andmerr,

Try adding a questionmark to the end of the url to make sure that the page isn't coming from a broken cache or proxy.

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest