1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems at the end?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ccmhcky6, Jun 9, 2003.

1. ccmhcky6

ccmhcky6 Member

i bought hp dvd300e, an external writer that burns DVD+R/RW, and i backed up a movie on dvd+rw. when i try playing it on my dvd player, it works for most of the movie and then near the end my dvd player displays an error message telling me that the disk is dirty, but the disk isn't dirty. could the blank dvd+rw im using be uncompatible? any help is appreciated.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you tried the disc in another player, cos it sounds like a bad burn to me...
    Is the player your talking about pc or standalone?
    If standalone then I would expect something similar as Ken0042 says - media/player.
    If pc then - may just be a bad burn.

4. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

I'm 99% sure that it's the media type. If you're using PRINCO then that's the problem. I have the same problem with PRINCO...they all play fine until at the end of the movie, it'll freezes or can't read disc,,,it's dirty!

Hell no, it's not dirty...
    Same burn movie with DVDPRO media and it's fine with no problem, so it's the media type. Why spend another $100 for another player when you can just switch to another Media?

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Planet, stop thinking it is automatically the Princo media all the time. Thats a poor way to look at it with a few bad experiences. You can get bad batches of media you know. You may have been unlucky just.

ccmhcky: Theoretically, it could be any number of factors, ranging from the writer you use to the software from burning. Eliminate them by going through each phase and changing something fro you did last time. Also do a test burn and see if any errors come oup so you dont waste a DVD R