1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems backing up copies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jj77669, Feb 26, 2005.

1. jj77669

jj77669 Member

I use dvd decrypter to rip dvd's and if a friend of mine wants a copy, I usually just rip my own copy with dvd decrypter to make another one. I've run across a few that keep having errors, saying "check condition". This happened today with a pristine conditioned copy. There was not even a spec of dust on the disc. Please help...

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Making copies is best done with the disc copy function in a software suite such as nero, VSO's copytodvd, or Pinnacle. BTW, sometimes looks can be deceiving. Check a source disc with the DvdInfoPro and see if it has errors. Free at http://www.dvdinfopro.com .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  3. jj77669

jj77669 Member

are any of them free?

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Nero has a 30 day trial and has the most content. It's a favorite. I heard the 30 day trials can be downloaded until you decide to buy. Don't ever install InCD if you get a version with it. Packet writing software and DVD recording just don't go well together. I like the CopyToDVD and the interface may be a bit easier for beginners. I'm not sure if it has a trial or not. Doing trials can keep you in software for a while and you'll learn something about different apps as well.