1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems backing up Nickelback live on ritek

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whizbang, Aug 18, 2004.

1. whizbang

whizbang Guest

I'm trying to backup my Nickelback Live dvd.. I've tried ripping with dvdshrink to ISO then auto burning with dvd decryptor and also just ripping with shrink to ISO.. then manually opening decryptor then burning both times it seems to burn fine, but when I put the dvd back into the computer it says no disc found.. It seems to play fine on my DVD Player but won't play at all in the computer.. any ideas?? I'm stumped.... I'm using Branded Ridata 4x -R from Newegg.

Also it seems like movies copy fine, I've only done 2 since I purchased these riteks everyone raves about.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Two questions:

Do other movies copy fine with the Riteks?

Does the Nickelback disc copy fine media other than the Riteks?

3. whizbang

whizbang Guest

Other movies seem to copy fine with riteks,2 so far, I've not tried the nickelback with other media yet... I'm using a sony 530ul, external... I am reformatting my harddrive right now (sony vaio,laptop) to see if maybe I was having a software conflict somewhere.

4. whizbang

whizbang Guest

I just realized after re-reading some other posts, that when I upgraded the firmware I don't believe I disabled DMA. Should I disable the DMA and re-install the firmware upgrade or, should I disable the DMA go back to my original firmware, then upgrade or..... ???