1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems backing up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by brumbie, Jul 17, 2007.

1. brumbie

brumbie Member

Hi guys...wonder if anyone can help.
    I have now had four attempts at backing up indiana jones and the emperors tomb.I have used craxion,imageburn...no joy.I then used flashfxp to see if that worked and watched each file to see if any probs(boring),then tried nero burning.Nothing.I bought what I thought to be reasonably good media(tdk)which has not let me down too often before.The problem is that ,after burning ,the game will start show the credits etc but when i click to start the download it just about completes the download then always freezes in the same place.Do you think the game just dont want to have a younger brother or sister or could it be something else?Would appreciate advice.Also tried with Quix.
    btw i still have dvddecryptor in my pc if you think that will work better.Just thought i would i ask before i waste another 4 dvds.Thanks guys.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Clear the E:\Cache folder.

3. brumbie

brumbie Member

thanks Chunkhead...will give that a go and let you know...appreciate that mate.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

a few extra tips:
    1. only use good quality DVD's
    2. DVD Decrypter does a much better job burning them then Nero
    3. Burn on an 8C DVD-R at 4X (if you can get them)
    4. make sure your burner has up to date firmware
    5. If using DVD+R and a burner that can booktype, then booktype all DVD+R to burn as DVD-Rom

Have you tried getting DVD2Xbox and using the original disc, then copy the game to the hard drive just to see if it worked? You can then FTP the game folder to your PC, make the ISO and burn to a blank disc.