1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems booting evox dash.... please help!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by munkiez, Mar 17, 2005.

1. munkiez

munkiez Member

Thanx in advance to anyone trying to lend a hand,

I used the slayer's auto-install 2.5 final to install my evox dash to a ver. 1.0 xbox using a matrix modchip a long while back. That worked out nicely for me, so my brother asked me to mod his newer xbox for him. I figured it wasn't gonna be a big deal and decided to do it.
    His system is a 1.4 with an xbit 1.5 that I installed. The chip installed fine with a recent executer bios, and it read my slayer's 2.5 disc without problems. My problem is actually getting the new dash to boot rather than the m$ dash. I'm attempting it with the retail hd, because all he wants it for is emulation... so the standard hd size works out fine. I've tried all formatting options possible. Rebuild large, retail hd; install evox etc... to large, retail hd.

No matter what I do, it will not boot evox dash after install, only m$ dash. Maybe I need the slayer's 2.6 for the newer xbox/chip???

I know it sounds like a dumb situation, but I really don't know what I'm missing. Someone please help?!?!?!

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

check out what tthe boot pattern is for his bios,it sounds like the bios is booting a different .xbe file than the one to the hacked dash. I don't know if it's the same with chips,but if you want whatever the ms dash .xbe file is named,change the evox dash xbe file to that name and then it will boot to that dash. Then all you would have to do is go through all the apps that need to be changed and change them to read that the ms dash is linked to the now renamed file. I hope that didn't sound too hard......I'm kinda drunk. hehehe

3. munkiez

munkiez Member

Got the bios to boot evox dash today with new slayer's 2.6 final cd/rw. Thanx for the suggestions and help!!!!

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Netime

5. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

hey punqewe, i am having a problem similar to that and i think it is the boot sequence also. How do you check/change the boot sequence. I load to that "your xbox needs service page" until i put the autoinstaller in and then boot from there to my dashboard. So i think i need to switch the bios to read to that dashboard and it isnt. So how can i check/change the boot sequence please? Thanks!

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I think config magic will let you backup your bios,then it'll put a copy of it in a folder. Then you can ftp it to your pc and use either xbtool (for xecuter bios) or evtool (for evox bios) and open it with that....it should show you the boot pattern.

7. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

well, without even lookin a config magic, i realized that i should be able to access my c drive where the dash should be loading from. I click the drive and nothin appears to be in it, but i cant move anything to that drive, nor install files from a disc to taht drive. I would reflash and format everything if i wanted to recopy all my games back on, but since i want to save the stuff, is there any other way for me to access that c: drive to be able to install stuff to it, because i need to boot the correct dash. I only say this because i formatted every drive except f:, where my games are, and so there is no dash in the c:. Any suggestions please? Thanks!