1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Burning DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by polsantos, Jan 19, 2005.

1. polsantos

polsantos Member

Hi, just finished burning my first DVD and I encountered a couple of problems, I hope some can help.

First, when I try to play the disc on my PS2, the video goes out of the screen, the height I guess is a bit to big..I simply followed the guide to converting Divx videos to DVD and I don't know which option to change to alleviate this.

Second, on the conversion part, a 30 minute divx video turns to a 60 minute video where the second 30 minutes is simply just a steaady picture of the last frame of the video I have, I'm not sure if this is normal of if I have to crop it afterwards...

2. polsantos

polsantos Member

By the way, when encoding using TPMGEnc I bring down the file size to about 1 gig so I could fit atleast 3 movies in one disk, could this be my problem?

3. polsantos

polsantos Member

I hope someone can help, I've tried to use 4:3 display as the aspect ratio to try if it will fit my TV screen when I play it but I have yet to try and play it on my DVD player. Hope it works.

One more thing, how can I get audio to the discs that I burn? I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but the DVDs i make do not have audio