1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning SVCD with Nero. Please Help.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by francol, Aug 19, 2004.

1. francol

francol Guest

Dear Posters and Moderators,

This is my first post but I have been reading thoroughly through the others to try and solve my problems but I have not had any luck.

I recently purchased Nero UE and set out to record home movies. I was able to make the movie and record it perfectly well with Nero. Same with a DVD. However, I have since tried to burn about 13 SVCD in many various ways and I am unable to burn a SVCD that will play in any other computer than mine. Furthermore, it will not play on any home DVD player.

I tried using two types of CD-R not R/W. One was generic and one was TEAC. I have a CD-R from HP and an HP DVD R/W 300i drive. My machine is a Dell 400SC with 512mb RAM, 160GB ROM, 866FSB, NVIdIA AGP, and generic sound card with firewire. The videos capture very well in Nero.

I also tried downloading TPMGE and creating a 700+mb mpeg file and then using Nero to burn that and it still did not work in any other machine than my own.

I have tried removing Nero and downloading it from the website and then I reburned using 2x speed and still nothing in SVCD.

Can anybody help me with this?

Franco

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you Burning these Files in SVCD Mode with nero??

If so and your Player doesn"t play them then maybe
    you should consider that your DVD Player doesn"t Play SVCD"s???

Maybe check the DVD Player Compatibility list over at "www.dvdrhelp.com" and see what other poeple say about your Brand of DVD Player....

3. francol

francol Guest

Yes, I am burning these files in SVCD mode in Nero. I have tried different settings (eg: extended play, regular play, long play, etc.) and different drive speeds.

I have taken my SVCDs to a Superstore and tried them out on differentlaptops, desktops, and DVD players and they did not work on any player. Furthermore, some of the SVCDs simply bring down whichever computer they are inserted into. Then you have to reboot the machine. The CDs and DVDs seem to work fine.

I just don't get where the sticking point is and how come I'm having such a hard time feeing it up.