1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems burning using dvd decryp, shrink, and sometimes nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kaxmir, Mar 20, 2005.

1. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

I have decrypted on newest version of dvd decrypter, I shrunk and reauthorized with dvd shrink 3.2 (newest) and tried to burn with decrypter - nothing happened no burning at all.

I then tried with the newest nero version. With this, I put in a brand new blank dvd+r Taiyo Yuden, and got a message this disk is not writable put in a writable .....

What is going on?

My dvd/cd burner on my laptop writes on dvd+r media. So why didn't it work? I don't feel like spending major $$$ on DVD+RW.

And why didn't dvd decrypter automatically burn? It opened up automatically when shrink was finished re-authoring.

Please advise.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

did you change the mode from read to write??

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I assume you're using shrink to auto burn with Decrypter in ISO mode. OK

No.1-open decrypter, go to ISO write and choose your burner and write speed,(don't go over 4x)then close decrypter.

No.2-open shrink go to edit > preferences > file I/O > and uncheck auto burn with Nero.

Then in your backup window choose ISO image and burn with decrypter

That should enable decrypter to auto burn with shrink.

If you're using Nero to auto burn w/shrink, check enable auto burn with Nero(edit>preference>fileI/O), and in your backup window that appears when you're ready to burn choose your burner and your folder for your files and set your speed under burn settings.

This should auto burn with nero.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  4. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Thank you very much, these are the steps I followed from the beginning.

DVD decrypter opened automatically but did not burn at all.

Then When I changed the settings in DVD shrink to burn with Nero, I received the message this disk is not writable..... My burner - Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252 - writes on DVD+R or DVD+RW.

Is there any other program that will work without ANY problems at all?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try going to Toshiba's website and download and install the latest firmware for your drive so it can recognize the newest media out there.

6. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi bbmayo, thank you - I checked with Toshiba - nothing. My laptop is a HP, checked their site, no driver downloads found.

I emailed HP to tell them that my media is not beeing recognized.

Anything else you can think of????
    This burning stuff used to work, but now, nothing!

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

kaxmir, have you tried a different media just to see what happens? Verbatims and Riteks IMHO seem to be more compatible across the board with all the different burners out there. Since Riteks are under .50 each I would recommend them, that way you're not spending big $$$. Make sure you get BRANDED! Come to think of it I just bought them on sale for .37 each with free shipping.

Also, are your Taiyo Yudens branded? There are some bogus ones out on the market now. In fact I just sent back 100 of them because the entire batch was bad!

Download and Install DvdInfoPro. The free version is all you need, and then check out the code on your Ty discs. let me know what it says. BTW, Infopro is a great little app to have if you don't have it. It does all kinds of useful things besides identifying media. I keep it on my desktop for easy access because I use it all the time.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

BTW, here's a great place to get Riteks, free shipping, an excellent return policy, and they usually always have sales on Ritek media. Since you're using +R, I recommend the "branded" Ritek Ridata 4x +R, an excellent disc. I have burned over 400 of them without one coaster due to media fault.

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-dvd-blank-media.html

9. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi Bio....Thank you VERY VERY much for your excellent recommendation. I did download the media evaulator - it is wonderful.

I just purchased the Taiyo DVD at meritline.com - it is a great company! I have used another store - and had a bunch of ritek ridata dvd media that did not work.

Now, what is the best program - preferably shareware - that can decrypt, shrink, and burn in easy laymans steps????

Supposedly my laptop can only write in 2x speed.

Any help would greatly greatly be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance and thanking you again for your expertise responses.

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

kaxmir,
    You are using the easiest and the cheapest software to burn the DVD. I sent you a PM w/ the instructions. Make sure you are doing it exactly how the PM tells you to. If it does not burn the DVD then there must be a problem w/ the laptop

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

kaxmir

OK, shrink and Decrypter are free.

Easiest is IMHO Nero recode(which you should have since you have Nero) and AnyDvd.

OR....

Intervideo DvdCopy 3 and AnyDvd.

DvdCopy 3 is extremely easy and because it does such a good job of compressing you very rarely need to edit. It has 6 levels of quality, 6 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.. Even at Level 2 the quality is excellent. To be at level 2 you're talking about 40-50% compression so you can see it does wonderfully well. It is also very very fast and only RB/CCE beats it for quality, but RB/CCE isn't for the novice and it takes about 3-4 hours + burn to do a movie.

AnyDvd(21 day trial) and DvdCopy3(14 day trial) costs $$$ but there are free trials for both.

Try it and see what you think. You could also rip to your HDD with decrypter then use those files with recode or DvdCopy 3, but I recommend AnyDvd to evryone. it is constantly being updated, and there is no encryption it can't get past. it is the best of the "on the fly" rippers.

I have basic easy to follow guides for shrink, or recode using decrypter or anydvd here. There isn't a need for a guide to DvdCopy 3 because it's basically just open and press burn and wait for the finished product. If you do have questions using it let me know and I'll help ya out, it has a very good manuel with it also.

The Recode and shrink guides are the last two in my mini-guide section. Read the guide 1st before using, follow the steps carefully, and you will have a successful burn barring any hardware problems on your end.

http://www.zentarium.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  13. kaxmir

kaxmir Guest

Hi Everyone, Well I hope my problems with my TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-R6252 writer that came with my HP Pavilion ZT3350us Laptop will be solved. Contacted HP by Email, drivers, advise, etc.....did not help. Finally called Tech Support - after 45 minutes later on the phone, HP is sending me a replacement burner/writer.
    So, maybe now, I will be able to burn video files on a DVD+R!
    The following is the original message I started on this thread.......................................
    I have decrypted on newest version of dvd decrypter, I shrunk and reauthorized with dvd shrink 3.2 (newest) and tried to burn with decrypter - nothing happened no burning at all.

I then tried with the newest nero version. With this, I put in a brand new blank dvd+r Taiyo Yuden, and got a message this disk is not writable put in a writable .....

What is going on?

My dvd/cd burner on my laptop writes on dvd+r media. So why didn't it work? I don't feel like spending major $$$ on DVD+RW.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sounds like that could be it. Let us know what happens.

15. popster

popster Member