1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Capturing Audio

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Prhyme, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Prhyme

Prhyme Member

How do I do it? I have an ATI All-In-Wonder card, and I have my TV hooked up through the S-Video, and through the composite. The audio plays fine through my computer, but with most capturing methods I've been able to have any form of success with, I can only get the video. I'm quite the newbie when it comes to this, but I'm a quick learner, so if there is a way for me to capture video and audio at the same time, or capture them seperately and sync them afterwards, please inform me of such. Also, if there is a particular software I should use, let me know.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Don't confuse input and output.
    The S-video on the card is output to TV, not input for capture.
    Composite should be inputs.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  3. Prhyme

Prhyme Member

Negative, S-Video input on my card, but that's besides the point. I have no problem pulling video from S-Video or composite, I'm just ignorant on how to get audio.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

You need some sort of cable, from your source to your computer. Some cards have an audio in. If you don't (on the video/capture card), then you need a line from the source to your audio in on the sound card.
    In your capture program, you would then select the audio device (sound card) and line in, as the audio source to record/capture.

5. Prhyme

Prhyme Member

Cool. What is some good software to use for capturing? I'm not really feeling the software that came with my All-In-Wonder card

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I don't know what will work with that card.
    If it uses basic WDM drivers, then VirtualVCR is a good choice.