1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems converting .avi file to mpg format using TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Robb30, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Robb30

Robb30 Member

problems converting .avi file to mpg format using TMPGEnc basically when i go to open the file in TMPGEnc it says file not supported. Was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this or a way around this maybe with another conversion program or something. thanks for help if any.

2. Robb30

Robb30 Member

actually when i try to open the avi file it says illegal stream format. also for further info i have open the file with gspot and says the video is S-mpeg 4 version 3 and the audio is x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-2 Layer 3

3. Twanger

Twanger Guest

Same with me

4. mrsheen03

mrsheen03 Regular member

does this happend with all your avi's?

5. agnesana

agnesana Guest

when i downlowded tmpgenc and i tried to open it it tells me that the file is invalid or corrupted anyone know how to fix this.

6. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

In TMPGENC try moving the DIRECTSHOW plug-in to a higher priority of 1 or 2 instead of -1. This setting is under OPTIONS/ENVIRONMENTAL SETTINGS. This has worked for me in the past.

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Does the original file actually play at all? If it does then the problem lies with the audio, and can be solved best by decompressing the audio OR using tooLame and SSRC with TMPGEnc!