1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying gangs of new york

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jl506853, Sep 29, 2003.

1. jl506853

jl506853 Guest

I recently purchased DVD X Copy Platinum, on the advertisement it said that it could copy any dvd out there. I just tried making a back up copy of Gangs of New York and it goes through 99% of the reading phase. At this point it has a pop up saying unable to read dvd and automatically cancels the rest of the process. Is there any way around this? I have burned several other movies successfully.

2. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I used DVD2one, flawless copy.

[​IMG]

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

xcopy issues are best at the xcopy forum:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

On this forum there are many other ways of backing up dvds that are slightly (but not too much) more involved.

4. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

JL try using DVD Shrink it is a great program and lets you re author to cut down on file size also does compression. Make sure you save these files to a folder named VIDEO_TS make sure its ALL CAPS or it wont work. Then get Nero and use it to burn check out the user guides for both programs as they will give you a step by step walk through on this. As for the program you have claiming it can copy ANY dvd. Movie companies are always changing things up trying to make it harder for people to backup there dvd's So though your program may have said it could copy any dvd at the time, since then there are new technologies. Hope this helps , good luck

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Search messages for gangs of new yourk as there were a few threads dealing with this