1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying movies

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dee361, Jan 15, 2007.

1. dee361

dee361 Guest

i'm having problems copying movies using nero7 and dvd shrink. i also have dvd fab and dvd decrypter. i takes over 2 hours to copy a movie then it tells me that there is an error sorry i don't have a copy of the error. sometimes when i think i have the entire movie only to find out that its about 50% copied. i tried to unistall nero and use clean tools, but when i tried to use the clean tools somehow i deleted everything including the clean tools. i was once told before to unistall nero then use clean tools the check something i think it was my primary drives (probably not in that order but close). whatever the problem/solution was before it worked. can someone please try to help me get back on track? thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

dee361,To answer the slow burning issue, use the AD main page and use the SEARCH function to look up dma and pio settings for your opticals(this is a common issue) Once you have your DMA and PIO settings in place, try AnyDVD as a trial download, and see if any de-cryption probs disappear(works well with shrink)Now shrink compresses files after de-cryption, but uses NERO as it's burning engine(re-install nero)There are issues with DVDfab Decrypter and AnyDVD.To be on the safe side,right click on the AnyDVD logo(red fox) choose disable(fox head turns grey)if using fabdecrypter.DVD Decrypter is no longer supported in terms of up-dates,I can't find any!

As far as clean tools are concerned, I have no experience with that app(sorry)

Re-installing NERO will go along way to getting you back to square one. When burning, choose an 8X speed or LOWER, this is almost an absolute must, slow... yes,but yields better results.To improve quality with your DVD's, use the link on my sig pic, for a nifty little app. Keep us posted.

Cheers.