1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying movies

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dee361, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dee361

dee361 Guest

hi..i need some help. my computer is running slow. i can't seem to copy movies anymore. i've been able to copy them before but now it won't work. everytime i try to copy one it takes forever then to find out that there are errors. i tried to uninstall nero7 then use clean tools then reinstall, but that didn't work. when i used clean tools somehow i deleted it. this happened before where my computer was running extremely slow and couldn't copy anything. i believe i was told to unistall nero then use clean tools then reinstal nero. not sure if it were in that order or not but it worked. my other problem is that i now no longer have that message to go back to.can someone please help get running again? thanks

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you might do a disk clean up and a defrag, also you might be running out of hard drive space do you deleate your old files from your burns? get rid of your cookies, also what did you deleate? if you can rember the date you did your uninstall go back to the day before you lost your message, you can do this with system restore, good luck

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you should keep your computer running at it's fastest by making sure you defrag at least once a week. Also I do a registry clean up often, too. Here is a free registry cleaner called CClean
    while you're at it.... check to make sure that you don't have DMA issues: http://my.afterdawn.com/alkohol/blog_entry.cfm/231/dmaissues

these are things that would slow down a computer. now if you want to do a reinstall of Nero: Save your Serial # then I would uninstall Nero, run your CCleaner, then use Nero cleaning tool:
    Nero6 Clean Tool http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/en/Clean_Tools.html

Nero7 Clean tool http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html

and then reinstall 7.5.7.0 from here
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/

4. dee361

dee361 Guest

Thanks, I did eveything and I still have the same error coming up. only this time I was able to copy it for you. The error says:
    dvd shrink 3.2 encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read "E:\". The request counld not be performed because of a I/O device error. What does this mean? Thanks

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

before you are telling me about slow computer burning and I thought you had DMA issues and you also mentioned about unintalling Nero and I gave you Nero information on cleaning up your computer and then reinstalling! Now you're having problems with Shrink! Maybe it's your disk that is dirty and can't be read?

6. dee361

dee361 Guest

The computer was running extremely slow and that I was not able to copy movies. I did all the steps and was still not able to copy movies. The dvd's I'm using are the same brand that I have been using (memorex dvd+r). I'm pretty sure that the info you gave me to clean everything helped. Just not positive since I didn't get very far on copying the movie. Do you know what a I/O device is?

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

those MemoSUX disks are just that! they suck and it is known throughout the forum for crappy media........ get yourself better media.... look for the MIJ (Made In Japan) on the label of the box of spindle! or just buy Verbatum~! top notch disks but make in Taiwan/Singapore! MIJ or Verbatim stick with those.

You'll have to post your question again with the I/O error and see if someone else can give you an answer. good luck.

8. dee361

dee361 Guest

Does anyone know what a I/O device is? thanks

9. dee361

dee361 Guest

I found out what I/O means. It means input/output. Now my question is: What does this mean when trying to encode a movie? The encoding process (which is what I think the first step in copying a movie is called) only goes so far then I get an error message that says:
    dvd shrink 3.2 encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read "E:\". The request could not be performed because of a I/O device error. I sure hope someone out there can help me. Thanks