1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems enconding with virtualdub and TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dali88, Aug 17, 2004.

1. dali88

dali88 Member

Hi,

I am trying to encode an ASF file to VCD but when I use the TMPGEnc wizard and start enconding I get this error: "Read error ocurred at adress 0012f40 of module TMPGEnc.exe with 6461654E" I'm using the latest version of TMPGEnc...

If I use de Virtualdub I get this error: "CouldnĀ“t locate decompressor for format MP43 (Microsoft Hight Speed MPEG-4V3)" I'm using VirtualDub 1.3c

If somebody can help me please... Thanks in advance...

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Maybe try decodeing the WMV file to AVI useing the HuFFYUV Codec(Lossless) and then encode the AVI file with Tmpgenc...
    You can find a Freeware program called "Stoik Video Converter" and it will Convert any AVI/MPG/ASF/WMV file to AVI or ASF/WMV useing the Codecs you have installed on your System....

Stoik is very Fast at converting WMV to AVI and when useing the HUFFYuv Codec there will be No quality Loss, and then you can encode the avi file to Mpeg with Tmpgenc....

Cheers