1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems encounter during backup of 12" Laser Disc

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by onestop, Dec 30, 2003.

1. onestop

onestop Regular member

I'm trying to backup my collection of 12" Laser Disc into DVDs but the video appear in my PC PVR is very distorted and it is the same even doing backup with VCR. I guess it is some kind of macrovision protection and the so call "Digital Video Stabilizer" that I bought from ebay doesn't seems to improve the situation.

Just wonder if anyone has some good solution for that or successful experience with recommended accessories to make it possible?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well If the Problem is the Macrovision then the Video Stabilizer should work, because I have used them on Many occations and I have never had a Problem with them...Depending on what type of Capture device you have there Might be some sort of Macrovision Hack for it on the Net..I know with ATI capture Cards there is a Macrovision detection Hack and I know with the ADVC-100 you just have to Press a couple Buttons to disable it...If it is Macrovision that is the Problem the Picture shouldn"t really be distorted, my experiance with Macrovision is that is Makes the Video go Dark and then Bright then Dark ECT but the Picture was fairly clear...Why don"t you Post the trpe of Capture device you have and I"ll see if I can find any Info on it...Cheers

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Thanks Minion, Gee I have figure it out after spending the whole day doing silly things. Basically, it is the different TV system that causes it (NTSC & PAL). Nowadays, our new electrical automatically switches to the diferent TV system and I totally forgot about it and over look such a simple problem. I'm using the Leadtek WinFast TV2000XP Expert to backup video and the TV system has to be manually change.

Cheers... I have sucessfully converted a LD "Internal Affairs" by Richard Gere & Any Garcia to DVD and the playback is GOOD.

4. bhawryluk

bhawryluk Member

Hey, now that you've solved your problem, I'm wondering if you'd be interested in selling your Digital Video Stablizer. If so, please let me know.

5. Gusto

Gusto Guest

Just a note for future reference...

LaserDiscs never implemented Macrovision.