1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems For A Noob With DVD Image File

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wokeye, Apr 28, 2007.

1. wokeye

wokeye Member

I have obtained a DVD movie image file that I would like to burn to DVD to warch on my DVD player. In the past I have usually just right clicked on the image file and chosen to burn with DVD Dycrypter and these have worked fine. This file does not offer this option. So I chose to right click and "Open With" Nero burning rom. This program opened up and offered me to burn a DVD image. However the disc will not play on the PC or my DVD player, maybe a bad disc but I am not that sure. The image file was a type that I do not think that I have seen before a scr-tf.img Then again I am a noob, any help please? I am probably just not using Nero correctly?

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

CloneCD Disk Image

use clonecd to burn the file

3. wokeye

wokeye Member

Cheers mate will try that thanks very much :)

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did you try opening the files in Nero Vision? I'm not sure if Nero Vision covers that format, but if it will convert to DVD so you can burn normally, you can watch the output on a standalone player or the PC.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

That was no help at all PacMan777: Nero Vision (Express) would probably need the VOBs etc extracted first before Nero Burning Rom & DVD-Video burning. No converting need be done !!
    I like Nero and use it (Burning Rom) , but no need to be using it for images.

The correct answer would probably be .. try IMGburn (as DVD-Decrypter has not been supported for a long time).
    And to make sure of using decent media such as Taiyo Yuden to make sure of successful burn once a - or +RW shows to be 'da money' as it were.

Anyway wokeye , let us know how you get on mate : )

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

sounds like the ISO file might not have dvd-compliant files

Maybe try mounting the ISO to see what type of files it has
    use Daemon tools and see if the files are VOB,IFO,BUP
    If they are not them you need to convert them

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Herbsman
    I said I was guessing on that and it wouldn't hurt to try Nero Vision 4 to see if it would make the file DVD compliant. Bowler just brought up compliance. By the way, I think Bowler made a good point. If it was any old ISO image I'd say ImgBurn or Nero Express. I rarely use the burning Rom, but that's because the Express interface just seems more friendly.

I'm here to learn as well as everyone. Could you tell me what a scr-tf.img is? It's not a regular DVD file that I've seen and it doesn't look like anything I've seen in AVI. I even did a search and couldn't find anything on the web.

8. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I would hazard a guess at The Fountain Scr(eener) image :)

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Guess I'm running a little slow. I didn't associate scr-tf.img with a movie screener image file. If it's a screener file, should we be discussing it?

I guess Bowler was spot on in saying open it up to see what the file extensions are.

Good call Bowler. Herbsman, thanks for pointing out the "screener". Guess I was being dense on that one.

Last edited: May 3, 2007