1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems forwarding ports

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by grilleren, Jan 1, 2006.

1. grilleren

grilleren Member

Hi, No one seems to be able to connect to my http server or any other server but bittorrent, bittorrent says im connectable and i know i forwarded ALL ports to my lan ip(or i couldnt be connectable in bt), i can ping my wan ip from the internet but i cant connect to http/ftp or any other server, i already know how to forward ports so that is not my problem, and i disabled all firewalls including xp built in firewall.
    Any suggestions ?

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

i have friend who had a similar problem but managed to fix it. ill see if i can pursuade him to help you lol

3. grilleren

grilleren Member

thanks that would be great

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

Hey this is his mate, lol
    It seems that your problem could stem from you DNS settings... try obtaining the Bulldog DSL DNS server Ip's from google. If you are using Win ICS (windows internet connection sharing) id suggest you buy a router as, ICS sucks monkey nuts. If you where to buy a simple router for like 15 quid that would sort you out to... anyway back to your problem, have you tried ftp'ing to the server using only the IP.
    failing this, You could try software port forwarding, i recommend STL Port Forward. its only about 100kb and works as a hardware NAT would. I hope i have helped... if not my email addy is rundata(at)gmail(dot)com.
    Regards
    Rundata

5. grilleren

grilleren Member

i already use a router, and i forwarded all ports to my local ip both tcp and udp, i really dont think software port forwarding will work when im behind router, this is what i get from smartftp trying to connect to a ftpserver running on the server

(internet ip)
    Resolving host name "62.*.*.*"
    Connecting to 62.*.*.* Port: 21
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    Client closed the connection.

(localhost)
    Resolving host name "localhost"
    Connecting to 127.0.0.1 Port: 21
    Connected to localhost.
    220 Serv-U FTP Server v6.1 for WinSock ready...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006