1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems in installing burned copy of C&C Generals

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by weswes, Mar 13, 2003.

1. weswes

weswes Member

Hi there , am havin a really confusing problem with C&C Generals . A friend of mine has the original game he made a copy of it which is perfectly working .
    I burned this copy ( that he made ) and every thing went great as well with the burning process.
    When i tried to install the game from the copy ( i made ) the first CD went great , but when i insert the Second CD , the installation wizard doesnt even recognize it or it shows up an error when it reaches the file called " W3D.big" .
    I scanned my friend's CD-2 with ClonyXXl , its shows 5 skulls & no protection.
    Am very confused with this ?
    i read in your forum that CD-2 in Generals is unprotected ..so wats happening ?

2. .X.

.X. Member

Dude, read the bloody rules man.

Can you say pirated???

If you don't own the original game you are not within your legal rights to produce or use a copy of said game, program etc.

This forum is for people who are seeking to produce backup CDs for the "original" game discs that they have already bought and paid for.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

C&C Generals is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected. Use Alcohol 120% latest build to make a backup. NEVER say I borrowed a game to make a backup as there are rules atthis forum. I gave you the protection and program to use. It's up to the admin or mod to determine whether to continue on with this thread. Sorry m8, rules are rules.

Shoey

4. weswes

weswes Member

hi ,
    thankx for replying , did i said am trying to make a copy from the already copied game ?? oh i think i did that , well sorry i mistyped it , i meant i were trying to burn a copy from " original " CD that my friend lent to me (( coz i paid half its price )) ;)

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

weswes,
    It's still piracy because you didn't buy the game. We are entitled to 1 backup of every software we purchase (alone) by U.S law. I don't mind lending the advice to help you out, but I too must abide by forum rules.

Shoey

6. weswes

weswes Member

Shoey..
    Yeah i know , anyways thankx for replying..
    Cheers...

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

So did your backup play without install or play errors?

Shoey ~O-O~

8. weswes

weswes Member

Well i downloaded Alcohol 120% " Trial " and i got some problems using it , it always hang wn i start to burn the CD , so i gave up trying for now coz i got other things to do .
    But the good news are , i were having the same problem with SOF2 Double Helix , i tried Clone CD and every thing went great and the game worked , so i guess i'll try C&C with clone cd , guess it will work.
    Thanks for care Shoey.....
    Cheers

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Before you burn your backup of C&C Generals, you might need to "amplify weak sectors" in the write process. Let me know what brand name and model burner you own. You also may need emulation.

Shoey

10. weswes

weswes Member

My burner is Acer , i dont know its model exactly , its not written on it , anyway what am sure of is : ATAPI , Can write in RAW-DAO , has EMF encoding .

I got few questions ,if u dont mind ,
    1- Is it real that CDs copied by clone CD when burned with other CD-burning software wont work fine ?
    2- Does Clone CD has the property " Amplify weak sectors " ?
    3- What is emulation ? and does Clone CD has it ?

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Your Acer burner can correct efm encoding, but writes regular bit patterns "almost" correctly.
    You can make a backup of C&C Generals using Alcohol 120&, BlindWrite Suite, or CloneCD.

1) Ye and Ne. Depends on the first backup and if that was image was backed up by a "2 sheep burner" and also for the abilty for the reader to bypass the cd protection scheme.
    2)CloneCD(USA) version doesn't install the option of "amplify weak sectors" in the write process due to some USA laws. I can get the program to "amplify weak sectors", just a matter
    of changing regional settings on your pc.
    3) Emulation is for those burners who can't backup cd protection, but need the aid hide cd-r , bad sectors and SubChannel data fixed.
    I have a more simple solution for the CloneCD "amplify weak sectors", just email me.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2003
  12. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Shoey you should know not to post your e-mail address in the public forums by now.

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It's a shame I can't post my email address, but rules are rules, and I must abide by them. I don't use any im's as they are a pain in the arse.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2003
  14. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Hi Shoey. Sorry, it wasn't me who wrote the rules. This is for user's safety, to prevent their mail being filled with spam (see rule 10. in link below)
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

If you want to post it, I'll promise to not delete it, but I cannot speak for the Admins. Private messaging is not enough for you?

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rules are rules, and I must abide by them.

Shoey

16. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Well, this rule is a smart recommendation since posting email addy around will get you heavily spammed as email harvesters pick it up.

This rule has also been applied because n00bs tend to: 1) Request trading, cracks, etc. via email 2) Ask to be replied via email only, which doesn't serve the public interest of sharing knowledge and information.

Why would you absolutely need to distribute your email address?