1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems installing age of mythology

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by qsch, Aug 25, 2004.

1. qsch

qsch Member

hey can someone help me please!! Ive downloaded age of mythology two iso files. After extracting them both they installed fine however when I am asked to put in CD 1 and I do so the game does not work. I followed guidelines on this site about that the game is safe disc protected but even after I use Alcohol 120 to change the image file and then Clony xx to check if safe disc has been removed it just does not take out the protection. Even after I use alcohol and follow all the steps about doing a backup and then burn the cd and insert it it fails to play the game. I have QSI cd burner and a FujitsuSiemens Lifebook C series 2.4 P4 M.

I would be grateful if someone could help me so that I can finally play the game.

2. qsch

qsch Member

ohh I forgot, the 2 downloaded mythology cd's are not ISO files but BIN files.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

These cd burners can't defeat Safedisc cd protection which is on AOM m8. Try downloading Daemon Tools>enable Safedisc emulation>mount the "play cd".

4. qsch

qsch Member

i tried with deamon tools but it wouldn't work. Ain't there a way to do it without the cd. What about the 2 iso files, should i extract them first and then burn the files, or what, best thanks Q

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Did you try Daemon Tools after you extracted the bins?

6. qsch

qsch Member

after I extracted the bin files of cd 1 I burned them on a cd. When the cd is inserted or when the game execute file is clicked the game dialog box pops up (as it should) and when I click play a warning box pops up saying please insert cd 1. Even after inserting the cd I burned it does not play. After using alcohol 120 I even tried mounting the image files and playing them, but then the exact same things happen.

Any help wld be much appreciated, I really want to get that game to play.

7. cgram7

cgram7 Member

http://nolinkstowarezrelateddownloads just pick the version you have installed . once downloaded extract to the directory where the game is installed the game should launch without a cd .

providing links to 'warez" related downloads is forbidden here at Afterdawn forums m8.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  8. qsch

qsch Member

Great Neph, good info!! However!!

Just got it working, however after the game intro or initialization (short movie clip) is finished a warning box pops up and says initialization failed, the computer then switches back to the original desktop and the game stops running. what do i do. Thanks in advance, Q

9. qsch

qsch Member

So basically the link, with the downloads work, however the game then shuts off after the starting sequence and then the warning box pops up.

10. cgram7

cgram7 Member

damn give some people an inch they try to take a mile ;)seriously though i apologize

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member