1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems installing Evox with the Thompson drive...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by link25o, Oct 23, 2003.

1. link25o

link25o Member

I've been having problems installing Evox using the Thompson drive...When I went to install the flash update, I used Memorex CD-RW's and it worked after I ejected the cd a couple times, but when I go to use the Memorex CD-RW for the Evox install, it wont read it...

I've read everything online and did exactly what it said, using nero and finalizing burning at 2x but no luck...Does anybody have and ideas on what i should do, or what brand of CD-RW's to use?

2. JAYO

JAYO Member

u probably have a bad copy of evox or...remember u have to turn it into iso first.

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

4X Sony or TDK CD-RW.

4. Monino

Monino Member

hey link! Man, you have GOT to get your xbox working! I got my stuff done thanks to all the help good old rustydog provided. I cant thank the guy enough. anyways, If you let me give my newbie opinion, I think you should stick with using memorex cds because it sounds like you have the same setup as me. I used memorex cdrws and at first it didnt seem like they worked, but you just have to keep trying over and over again. if you flashed your bios right, you should boot up to the regular xbox dashboard. if this is the case, keep popping in the cd! sometimes it took me 20-30 tries, but it works! well, that's all i gotta say. feels good to try and give something back after taking so much. thanks rusty. on to further my modding skillz.