1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems making a backup copy of futurama

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jpaugh78, Mar 21, 2005.

1. jpaugh78

jpaugh78 Member

I'm trying to backup season 4 of futurama. Disk 2 copied just fine, but i'm having a problem with disk 1. I'm using the latest version of DVD decryptor and DVD shrink, but it won't read VTS_10_1.VOB. When it gets to this file it errors out on DVD shrink, and on DVD Decryptor it gives me a cyclic redundancy error. Has anybody run into this problem with any other DVD's?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

CRC errors are very common and have been discussed lots of times in lots of forums. Try entering the error in the search feature.

CRC errors are most often caused by scratched or dirty source discs.

3. jpaugh78

jpaugh78 Member

okay, sorry for not researching it more. The bottom of the DVD doesn't look bad at all, so i assumed that wasn't the problem. Guess we all know what assuming can do.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

No worrys! Lots of times you can't see the problem. In a few cases there is something actually wrong with the file itself. You can try loading it into decrypter and see if that will rip it. You can "re-try" sections of the disc and sometimes get around the problem.